- All classes/exams require pre-payment by one of the following methods to confirm your seat:
- Only credit card payment will be accepted for orders placed less than thiry (30) calendar days prior to the start date of the class/exam.
- Classes must be ordered by the Thursday prior to the class start date by 5PM US Eastern Time for sessions starting the following week (credit card payments only).
- Orders are processed within 1 business day of the date the order is submitted.
- Orders paid by check must be paid in full by the due date on the invoice that you receive from Linux ETC. Do not mail the check without receiving the invoice from Linux ETC. If payment is not received by the due date, the order will be canceled. Cancellation of orders for non-payment requires re-registration for the class/exam with a credit card as the form of payment.
The policies below apply to all Linux ETC training programs:
Cancellation by student
- Student will receive a refund only if Linux ETC receives a notice of cancellation at least fifteen (15) full calendar days (not including the class start date) before the class start date.
- Student will not be eligible for a refund if Linux ETC does not receive a notice of cancellation fifteen (15) full calendar days before the class start date, but the class may be rescheduled or another individual may attend in Student's place. (See policies below for details.)
Rescheduling by student
- A student can reschedule a class up to two (2) times (fees discussed below may be applicable).
- There will be no penalty for requesting a reschedule more than fifteen (15) calendar days prior to the class start date.
- Rescheduling requests made fifteen (15) full calendar days or less prior to the start date of the class will incur a penalty fee of 50% of the MSRP. The penalty fee will be added to the student's original class cost.
- Classes that are rescheduled either the first or second time within the fifteen (15) calendar day window cannot later be canceled.
- New class date must be chosen at the time of rescheduling. A rescheduled class must start no later than six (6) months after the initial class start date.
- If a student does not attend a scheduled session (“no show”), payment for the session is forfeited. The student may not reschedule the session.
- A different individual may attend the scheduled class as long as the change is made no less than two (2) business days prior to the start date of the class.
- Online training students substitution: Linux ETC must be notified of substitution at least one (1) business day prior to the Monday before class starts (this is for both open enrollment and on-sites).
- Self-paced mentoring student substitutions are not permitted.
Cancellation by Linux ETC
- Training may be canceled without prior warning, with money refunded to participants, if any of the following events affect delivery of a particular training class: severe inclement weather, natural or local disaster, power outage, or airline strike. If training is canceled for any other reason and students are notified less than ten (10) calendar days prior to the start of training, Linux ETC will credit the cost of any non-refundable change fees for airline tickets toward a future enrollment in the same course. Credits will only be issued upon receipt of original, unused, and nonrefundable airline tickets.
On-site cancellation policy
- Notice of cancellation more than fifteen (15) days prior to the requested delivery date is eligible for a full refund.
- Notice of cancellation fifteen (15) days or less prior to the requested delivery date is not eligible for a full refund, but can be rescheduled (see rescheduling policy for details).
On-site rescheduling policy
- Rescheduling requests made fifteen (15) days or less prior to the requested delivery date will be assessed a 25% rescheduling fee (calculated from the original amount charged).
- On-site rescheduling requests made within the fifteen (15) day window are not eligible for a future cancellation request.
Right of dismissal
- In order to maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, Linux ETC reserves the right to dismiss a participant from any Linux ETC training event. A participant who harasses other participant(s) or Instructor(s) or who in Linux ETC's sole judgment acts inappropriately or disruptively during class may be dismissed from the class or event and may not return to the premises. In case of such dismissal, Linux ETC's liability will be limited to the refunding of any fees paid by participant or participant's organization in respect of the course and Linux ETC shall not be responsible for any consequential loss or inconvenience arising whatsoever.